Malvern House London is considered a school providing English language teaching to adults; however, we also welcome students aged 16-17. This means that students will be treated the same as adult students and will not be supervised outside of class time. They will also be expected to travel to and from the school independently.
Care of Under 18s
Malvern House London
- When you make a booking with us, we will send a parental consent form to be completed and returned to us by a parent/ guardian. This includes the level of care and support we provide, rules for the student to follow to keep them safe, and our 24-hour emergency contact numbers in case you needto contacts.
- We ask for a 24-hour contact number and email for the parents/ guardians of students in the parental consent form to process your booking.
- Parents/ guardians must inform Malvern House London of any medical condition or disability of a prospective student. If such information is not provided, Malvern House London may refuse to accept the student. The student will have to return home at their own expense.
- Malvern House London staff and host families cannot be responsible for student’s medicines. Students who take medicine should bring a description of what medicine they take; in case they need medical attention while they are here.
- Students who are 16/17 can only stay in homestay accommodation. Students under 18 usually cannot stay in our residence accommodation without a parent or guardian. We strongly advise that students under 18 book half-board accommodation, so they have breakfast and dinner provided.
- We strongly recommend that all students under 18 book an arrival airport transfer with us to arrive safely at their host’s address.
- We will contact the student if they are more than 15 minutes late for their class. The school must be notified if the student cannot attend their lessons. If we cannot contact the student, we will contact their host family, agent, or parent/ guardian. If we cannot contact the student / host family / agent or parents by 4 pm, we will inform the authorities.
- Students who are 16 to 17 years old can join our social programme activities together with adult students, except where there is an over 18 age restriction (e.g. bars, pubs, movies that have an ‘Over 18’ certification).
- All social events organised by the school are supervised by adult members of staff, allour staff are DBS checked.
- Students under 18 years old must return to their host by 10.30 pm during the week, and 11.00pm at weekends (Friday and Saturday). If the student is not home by this time, then the host family or guardian will contact the school on the emergency phone.
- Malvern House London has a safeguarding policy which describes procedures in the event of a disclosure or allegation of abuse and the referral to official agencies. All Malvern House Policies can be found on this website: here
- Child safeguarding disclosure cannot be retained as a confidential matter. All formal disclosures by a person under 18 years of age must be reported.