This communicative and vocabulary-rich English for Medicine course in Malvern House London/Brighton/Manchester will improve your language skills, boost both your confidence and your CV and make it easier for you to communicate with your patients and colleagues in English.The grammatical structures and vocabulary of a range of topics is covered, including:
English for Medicine
- Asking about Health and Sickness,
- Parts of the Body,
- Function of the Body,
- Types of Registration,
- Create a Report on Patient’s Position,
- Accident & Emergency,
- Caring for the Elderly,
- Nutrition & Obesity,
- Mental Health,
- Describing Pain and many other areas.
Designed in collaboration with University College London (UCL) this intensive English for Medicine programme offers students the chance to improve their English language skills and get a taste of what it is like to study Medicine at UCL.
Combining University style teaching delivered by UCL academic staff with hospital visits and English tuition, attendees will be introduced to the research done at the Institute of Ophthalmology allowing them to develop a biological understanding beyond the horizon of the textbook.
ENGLISH FOR MEDICINE COURSE IN LONDON KEY FACTS?
- 5 hours per week (Part of a 20-hour per week course)
- Classes are taught in small groups for 2-week and 4-week courses
- This is a weekly module offered on students’ request. Please indicate in your application.
- We photograph/film activities at Malvern House for promotional purposes. Do you wish to appear in our promotional materials?
ENGLISH FOR MEDICINE COURSE IN LONDON BENEFITS?
- Certificate from UCL issued at end of programme
- Get experience of a career in Medicine
- Attend lectures delivered by UCL academic staff
- Gain confidence in technical English used in Medicine
- Understand the principles of regenerative medicine applied to the eye
- Analyse and interpret microscopy images
- Improve confidence and fluency when using English in a professional capacity
- Focus on your personal learning goals
- Network with other students and professionals from around the world
WHY MALVERN HOUSE/UCL FOR ENGLISH FOR MEDICINE COURSE IN LONDON?
- Visits to working hospitals
- UCL has a world-wide reputation for quality Medical Education
- High quality English tuition in the British Council accredited Malvern House London
- Central London location
2020 Course Start Date
|Course Start Dates|
|Turn starting dates:||– 1st turn 27th June – Cancelled
– 2nd turn 11th July – Cancelled
– 3rd turn 25th July
|Winter turn starting dates:||– 1st turn 26th January
– 2nd turn 9th February
English for Medicine 2020 Price List
|Full Package Price||Tuition fees only|
|– £2500(includes tuition, accommodation
in single rooms in one of our London Zone 1 residence)
– Full Board
– Airport transfers
English for Medicine – UCL Timetable