Working within the Private Security Industry
• The main characteristics of the Private Security Industry
• Legislation as it applies to the individual in carrying out a licensable activity
• The importance of safe working practices to comply with legal requirements
• Fire procedures in the workplace
• Emergencies and the importance of emergency procedures
• The importance of communication skills and customer care
Working as a Security Officer within the Private Security Industry
• The Role of a Security Officer within the PSI.
• The law relevant to the role of a security officer
• The importance of, and reasons for, patrolling.
• Controlling access to and egress from a site.
• Searching relevant to a security officer
• The purpose and functions of different types of electronic and physical protection systems
• Reporting and record keeping relevant to a security officer
Conflict Management within the Private Security Industry
• The principles of conflict management appropriate to their role
• How to recognise, assess and reduce risk in conflict Situations.
• How to communicate in emotive situations to de-escalate conflict
• How to develop and use problem solving strategies for resolving conflict.
• Good practice to follow after conflict situations.
Working as a CCTV Operator within the Private Security Industry
• The roles and responsibilities of the CCTV operator and other CCTV staff
• CCTV codes of practice, operational procedures and guidelines
• Relevant legislation and how it impacts on CCTV operations
• The importance of communication within CCTV operations
• Emergency procedures in the CCTV control room
• The characteristics of a CCTV system
• Health and safety relevant to the CCTV operator
Practical Operation of CCTV Equipment within the Private Security Industry
• How to use CCTV equipment
• Operating the CCTV system